Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Lord of the Rings Cave Trolls

"They have a cave troll."  No, they have two cave trolls.  I acquired a couple of cave trolls from GW's Lord of the Rings miniature line.  One is plastic and the other is metal.  I like the look of these models and am please with the final results.



I've been thinking about painting up an LOTR army for use as proxies in some SAGA games.  I already have a full Rohan force that is ready for the field and with these trolls ready for action, I could paint up some of the goblins I have and field a second army.

I've seen some rules and boards for LOTR SAGA, but I think I might just use the SAGA boards as is and substitute LOTR models in place of the Vikings, Anglo-Danes, etc.

I would probably use these to represent hearth guard.  Say each models counts as 4 men.  As they take wounds that would be like loosing models in the unit.  I might have to give that a try sometime.

Have you used SAGA rules for other backgrounds?

2 comments:

  1. I really like these bad boys! Great models with a great color scheme.

    I've been very tempted to use SAGA with Ancients.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That seems like it would work well. I wonder how you would represent things like chariots, but maybe that wouldn't be a big deal.

    ReplyDelete