Saturday, January 12, 2019

Painting Stompas from Games Workshop

Epic Warhammer 40,000 holds a special place in my heart.  The models are fantastic and the scale allows you to play truly "epic" battles.

With the new release of Adeptus Titanicus from Games Workshop, I decided I need to dust off some of my old models and paint a few things up.  The new edition uses a different scale and currently only has Imperial forces (loyal and traitor), but I figure I can use my old models and make some adjustments to use Orks and Eldar as well.  I will probably just use the rules as written and substitute some appropriate Ork (or Eldar) models for the battle.

First up in this project were a few Stompas that could serve as knights in Adeptus Titanicus.  These can also just be used as themselves in my existing Ork army that I can use for Epic 40k, LaserStorm, Future War Commander, Horizon Wars, or any other game I decided to use them with.


2 comments:

  1. Lovely work. I always liked your Epic entries. Seems that you looked around a lot for alternative rulesets to use them. I really hope that Polyversal might cure that itch I feel as well...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no problem using models from one game for another. Adds value to any models you have in my opinion.

      I'm looking forward to digging into Polyversal, but I'm worried it will be more involved than I'd like. We shall see.

      Delete