Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Painting a Balrog for Lord of the Rings

I've had this Balrog model sitting on my shelf, half finished, for many years.  With the release of the new edition of the Middle-Earth Strategy Battle Game, I thought it was time to get this painted for use with my Moria Goblins.

I did a little modification by removing the flames from the back of the model.  I just used modeling putty to fill the gap and then molded it to match the rest of the lava like surface.

I'm very happy with the results of this model.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there, love the model but have a quick question. What black did you use to paint it? Its slightly glossy and I love it, please get back to me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This model was started probably 10 years ago. I don't remember exactly what the black paint was I used back then, but it was probably GW as I was mostly using their paints back then. I've since switched to Vallejo and Army Painter. I used Vallejo Model Color Black to finish the model.

      I not sure that helps much.

      Delete