Saturday, January 5, 2019

Building a better paint rack

If you've painted miniatures for long, you probably have collected lots of paint bottles.  I've got more than I would like to admit, but still not as many as some of you.

Either way, I needed a better way to store them.  I want to have them easily accessible and still be able to see what color I'm grabbing.  I used to have a couple of MDF paint holders which were great, but as my paint collection has grown, they are full and I want to get more paint in the same space.

My wife gave me an idea about using cut PVC pipe for my bottle of Army Painter and Vallejo paints.  This doesn't work for GW's pots, but I don't have a lot of them so this works for the majority of my paints.

I cut the PVC into 1 3/4" lengths and glued them together.  These hold about twice as many bottles as the MDF holders I previously had, but take up the same amount of space on my shelf.

This is an easy project that anyone can do.


No comments:

Post a Comment