In this scale, I'm not planning to do a whole lot of detail, but I also don't want to paint them a single color and call them done. I'm shooting for a decent table-top standard and hope these turn out well.
First up, I trimmed flash off the models as needed and then primed them white. I used my usual automotive primer. It covers well without leaving a thick coat. With 6mm you need to be sure you don't put on too thick of a coat, because you will lose all the detail of the model.
Once the primer was dry, I put on base coat of Vallejo Model Air: Middlestone. Next up, I washed the models with GW's Agrax Earthshade and then did a light dry brush with the Middlestone.
I painted the guns and boots with Army Painter Black.
Next up, I applied Vallejo Game Color Elf Skintone on the exposed flesh.
I put a small dab of Vallejo Model Color Flat Red on the shoulders for the shoulder patches.
Finally, I painted the helmets with Vallejo Model Air Russian Green.
With the models painted, I based the infantry teams on 40mm x 30mm bases and the anti-tank and LMG teams on 30mm x 30 mm bases.
I textured the bases with a mix of drywall putty, wood glue, dish soap, and burnt umber acrylic paint. Once that was dry, I put a coat of burnt umber on the bases and applied labels printed on labels. Finally, I flocked the bases with a mix of Gale Force 9 Dirt flock, Woodland Scenics Earth Blend flock, and Woodland Scenics Green Grass.
I am very happy with the results and look forward to playing some games with these.
I've now got 21 infantry teams, 12 anti-tank teams and 2 LMG teams. I will need to add a few more anti-tank and LMG teams as well as some mortar teams and maybe a few HMG teams.