Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Imperial Skies - Muin-I-Zaffer Class Dig Cruiser

I'm I've started painting up a few models for use with the Imperial Skies game.  This is a game of Aeronefs fighting against each other.  I've read my buddies copy of the rules and went and ordered myself a copy and some models.  While waiting for my models, I started painting a few of Doug's ships.

First up is a group of Turkish Muin-I-Zaffer Class Dig Cruisers.

I cleaned these up and added the mast and drilled a hole for the stand.  I sprayed these with a coat of light tan.  I then painted the structure with neutral grey and dry-brushed that with stonewall grey.


Next up was to wash the deck with Ogryn Flesh, the balloon area with Agrax Earthshade, and to pick out the guns and turrets in black.


Next, I painted the mast with Oak Brown, the smoke stacks white, and painted the windows deep blue.



Finally, I added a bit of crystal blue to each window.



I like how these have turned out.  The first model took the longest; mostly to decide on colors.  After I had the colors set, the rest painted up pretty quickly.

Next up will be some smaller patrol nefs.

2 comments: