Because of the progress I made from taking part in the Tale of an Epic Gamer, I've decided to set a few goals again this year.
I'm a little burned out on the Epic stuff having painted up so much (about 20,000 points) in the past year, so I will be diversifying my painting a bit more in the new year. I will also be putting smaller goals together as the work on the house is still in progress. This also means I won't be able to do much painting for a few months yet, as I have no intention of breaking out my paints at my in-law's house. To much chance of a spill.
Enough rambling, here are my goals.
- Recruits in Lee's Summit, MO
- Little Wars in Chicago, MO (this one is kind of tentative, but I'm hoping it will work.)
- Continue with my regular Thursday evening game group.
- Start a solo campaign using either a board game or miniature game and post blogs of my progress. I would like to play at least 1 game per month.
- Play at least a few games with my GASLIGHT friends during the year. We don't always play GASLIGHT, but that is how I think of them. :)
- Get together with friends more often to play board games.
- Set a monthly goal for painting/terrain projects to keep me motivated. I hope that I can start these in February if the house progresses quickly enough. Some ideas below:
- Paint a new DBA army (probably Vikings)
- Paint a 6mm Ancients Army (Celts)
- Paint an army for Kings of War (Goblins)
- Finish my SAGA army (this will involve repainting the models I accidentally painted silver instead of clear coating them)
- Paint more BattleTech companies
- Expand my Epic armies
- Finish painting my Star Wars: Imperial Assault models
- Build more 15mm terrain
- Build more 6mm terrain