Friday, June 16, 2017

Cold War in 6mm - Painting US M60A3 Tanks

I have added some new models to my 6mm Cold War US forces.  This time I've painted some M60A3 tanks.  These came from CinC.

I've used the same paint job on these as the rest of my US forces.  It is a simple paint scheme, but I like the way they look.


These models were primed white and then Vallejo Model Color US Dark Green was applied.  After that, I applied Games Workshop's Agrax Earthshade to the models.  Next, I drybrushed the models with a mix of the US Dark Green and Vallejo Model Color White.



Simple, but effective.



I based these models on 40mm x 20mm metal bases.  I flocked these bases with a mix of 3 flocks.  I like the effect this gives.



I've not got another 16 tanks for my force.  I hope to use these in a game soon.

2 comments:

  1. Impressive and beautiful tanks, well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. These are a nice addition to my existing forces. I am happy with how they turned out.

      Delete