Saturday, March 9, 2019

Painting Abyssal Hellequin and Hellequin Blood-masque Models from Mantic Games for Kings of War Vanguard

Any warband could benefit from some cavalry units in their group.  I painted some Hellequin models to add some strength to my warband and a Hellequin Blood-masque to serve as a mounted command unit.

The Hellequins are support units, so as with the gargoyles and lukers, I can only use a couple of these in my warband. 

I didn't really care for the look of the paint job suggested, so I went with a little different look.  I like what I came up with and think these will look nice with the rest of the warband.

These bring my total to 25 models completed for Nick's New Year Painting Challenge.  I only have 3 more models to paint for the project.

With the warband nearly finished, I'm looking forward to actually getting a game played soon.






3 comments:

  1. Very nice indeed. I wasn't sure about the full metal look at first glance, but the coldness of the riders is impressive - they seem very otherwordly and that's thanks to your impressive steel effect. Really good metallics. I'm just finishing a pair of them for a friend, painting 'off the box' as far as I can and it's been an interesting challenge. Suffice to say, I don't normally paint a lot of red stuff and this has been a novel experience. Plus I use enamels, just to make my life harder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Red can be a real challenge, but can also look really good. I went with a different color scheme partially to break up the colors from the rest of the army.

      I've not used enamels since I was a kid doing model cars and stuff. Do you have issues with it cracking on the bendy pieces?

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete