I took command of the Allied forces. I made some not so great choice for myself and paid the price for them. The enemy also had some pretty good rolls. I will definitely be playing more scenarios solo.
For solo play, I use a pretty simple process that I've stolen from others.
- Remove the Ambush card from the deck.
- Chose the side that you will play in the scenario.
- Set up the board as normal and deal yourself the appropriate number of command cards.
- The enemy doesn't get a hand of cards. Instead, on their turn draw a number of cards based upon the number they would normally have for the scenario (see below) and play the best card.
- 5 or less command cards - draw 2 cards.
- 6 or more command cards - draw 3 cards.
- If a recon card is used that normally allows you to draw 2 cards and choose one to add to your hand, then I will draw an additional card for the enemy on their next turn.
This isn't a prefect system, but it works well enough and you will find that the enemy is a pretty challenging opponent.